Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Day 35
So here goes. Last night a friend of mine mentioned she listened to Micheal Jackson's Man in the Mirror and the song struck her. So I'm having a listen tonight, though I remember the song from childhood, it is so TRUE!!! WOW. Anywho, have a listen for your self. I was also reading from a book Stephan picked up during the Graham Cooke conference we attended a few weeks ago. The books title is "Living in the dependency and WONDER The Journey of Discovering the Depths of God's Love for You" Very good book, and though it should be a quick read I've decided to take it slow and process all that the book has to say. I think my biggest struggle with the transision our church is in are the people who are leaving, and potentially the reasons they are leaving knowing that I don't really know the whole stories of all who have chosen to not go on this journey. The thought that though things seem unchanged now that we may loose touch, and not be able to be as close as we would be had they stayed. So part of what I read will help me to break the code of how I'm to handle the relationships with those who are left, and explains what might be the problem with those who are moving along. This is what I read. For us to be the Bride of Christ she requires the environment of deepest love, true committed friendships, and a community where love, grace, mercy, kindness, joy, peace, patience, goodness, faithfulness, and gentleness are all actively sought and encouraged as a way of life. Pretty good huh?? get the book! :o) However I then read this, which could be some of the grand problem. Here goes.... When our hearts are bitter, hard, callous, unfeeling, cynical, judgemental, angry, suspicious, closed, wary, distrustful, jealous, skeptical, derisive, contemtous, pessimistic, unbelieving, sarcastic, or scornful we hurt ourselves.... uh... that's that. I'll leave it at that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment