This 40 day sabbatical has been called by our pastor for out entire church..... As in the doors of our church are closed to "normal'' or "regular" church activities as we know it. Sunday my family was not in attendance for the service, we where away having a long weekend at the lake w/friends. Monday we returned nothing out of the ordinary. Tuesday morning I awoke to do my usual have breakfast and check messages in 4 areas... Comcast email, Yahoo email, Facebook, and Myspace. In my comcast mail box was a message from our friday night group.. about the 40day "fast". My thoughts wondered and I figured it was simply a church wide fast of sorts. Then another message from a person in our young adults group appeared on facebook.... pertaining some more detail. Still not really knowing what was going on I was not alarmed. Carried on with my day, cared for the kids, did school work with Chloe, and some housework. Then I check my messages around 2pm once all the girls are napping or resting. Facebook.. 2 ask if I had "heard what happened at church on sunday??" My reply is something about a 40 day fast.. the responses I get are yes. Then I check my regular email.. an explosion of conversation about this 40day "fast". I check the church web site and see in bold red font,
THE CHURCH WILL BE ON SABBATICAL FROM MAY 27 UNTIL JULY 6.
WHAT IN THE WORLD??? Was my 1st thought.... then there was no additional info at that time and the audio from the message Sunday had not been posted yet... Now I'm lost and confused on so many levels.. Finally in the mass amounts of emails someone had included a clip with Sundays message.. I stopped and listened to it.... WHAT IN THE WORLD???? WOW! So this 40 day fast is actually a 40day sabbatical from the church... and some are deciding to fast types of food... sweets.... junk.... what have you... My mind is churning... trying to figure out where this will go for me. How will I handle this. Will we still have Tuesday night bible study?? We are in the middle of our Esther study!!!!! I call a few ladies.. and await a return call.... So bible study is still on! YES!! though we will have to meet in someones house which is fine by me.. but I love the ladies.. and our bible study time. Stephan awakes and I tell him the news... Strife his us over some bills.. he dropped me off as usual to bible study.. and the night went like it always does.. with some pray on the side.. and some of the night felt a little awkward. By bedtime.. I'm thinking how am I going to handle this.. and what will be the end result.... what will God have me to do.. How will I handle my Sundays.. The kids will be very confused. Will I visit someplace the next 6 weeks... will I sit at home and study the bible with Stephan and the Girls.. will I meet with a group from my church family..... many uncertain things lie ahead.
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment