Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My fast.

I have a terrible addiction to Facebook and Myspace. As a result have lagged in my time with God, and neglected my job of keeping my home. My children have not suffered, because I tend to be "online" while they are off doing something on their own or sleeping. Though during that time I could be reading God's word, praying, meditating, praising, worshiping, cleaning......... all of the above!!!! So to remove the distraction.. I'm fasting from Facebook and Myspace.. Stephan has assisted.. and has changed my passwords. I will too strive to make better diet choices, and increase fruits and veggies vs. junk in my diet, along with more water vs. sweet tea/soda/or coffee. I plan to use my time wisely.. seeking God for guidance, will be in prayer for my fellow church family, and hope to spend more time with each and every one of them!!! There will be food, fellowship, pray, and lots of Gods word!!! The uncertainty is hard to deal with...... it's amazing how the groups we are involved with have jumped to it.. to gather together... and encourage and pray for each other... Tears come as I try to imagine what it will be like to not go to church on Sunday morning like I always do.... though many Sundays I'm totally overwhelmed and so distracted with my motherly duty that I miss out... on the worship.. as a little one tugs on my skirt. on the message.. because I'm so aggravated that I didn't get to experience worship like I wanted to. The problem... I guess is that I don't praise and worship God like I should in my own time... because I'm even more distracted by worldly things at home. I wasn't brought up with an attitude to seek God 1st. Though I desire to do so..... and WILL DO SO....

No comments:

Post a Comment