Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 12

Today I reflect on the journey the past year has been for me! God blessed us with Tristen, with no medical intervention, like the older girls! I had been reading up on homeschooling, as an avenue vs the private school we where using, because I so desired to stay home with the girls. I had committed to work full time for at least 2 years with Dr Z, and well barely full filled one, because I got pregnant. In my heart I knew it would be best for me to stay home, and home school Chloe and Molly, but it was just easier to drop them off each day and let someone else do the work for me. When I found out I was pregnant with Tristen, Stephan and I knew some things would change drastically but to what extent. We sold out large home, and downsized, literally closed 2 days before Tristen arrived last year on the old house, and then closed on the new one when she was 1 week old. I was knew I wanted to home school but bills loomed and well should I just work. Well I'm very particular about who keeps my babies, and the 2 folks that had potential where not available, so that answered all my questions, I'd work PRN if work wanted me to, and stay home and home school the rest of the time. This year has been one of trial and error, we all made it through alive, and Chloe did awesome! And is still ahead of the Public Schools! These girls are smart, and would just get lost in the hustle and bustle of a class room w/30 other kids, maybe less if they had continued in the private school. So God kinda thrust me into a humble yourself, downsize and be with your kids kind of moment. Isn't that what I had truly wanted, I couldn't have all my cake and eat it too.. so some things had to go, though I miss our "big house" I would trade what I have now for a big house and no time with my kids. So instead of putting them on the bus at 9am and them not coming home until 4pm... I get to spend my entire day with my girls. It's not the easiest on some days, but it's worth it. God had a plan... and he turned mine and Stephan's world upside down..... and turned us around... and sent us in an entirely different direction... This year has not been easy by any means..... I'm grateful for the support of God, My Hubby, My kids, My Parents, and my dearest friends.... Ahh... I love a little reflection....

No comments:

Post a Comment